Join Our Team
There are many ways in which you can get involved with Project MAMA. We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Join our MAMAhub Team as a community hub volunteer
MAMAhub is our community hub for new and expectant mamas for bonding, peer-support & solidarity.
We are currently recruiting for new volunteers who can commit to attending regularly to help us run it. MAMAhub runs every Friday from 11am – 2pm in Easton and offers a tasty meal cooked by our mamas and volunteers.
MAMAhub volunteers offer practical support on Fridays to set up, prep meals, help with activities and just generally be welcoming friendly faces for our mamas & their babes.
(Please note, MAMAhub runs term-time only.)
To apply, please go to this link fill in an application. For an informal chat about the role, contact Maria on email@example.com.
Become a Mother Companion
We are growing rapidly and are recruiting more volunteer Mother Companions to support clients throughout pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting.
To be eligible you have:
- Completed a comprehensive doula training programme, be a midwife or have other comparable birth room experience;
- Have attended a minimum of 3 births;
- Be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check;
- Have a non-judgemental and holistic approach to providing support to women from diverse backgrounds;
- Be committed to supporting a minimum of two births with Project MAMA over a 1 year period;
- You can commit to attending MC team meetings every 6 weeks;
- Have a commitment to social justice and encourage resilience in others.
Join our Holistic Therapy Team
We are constantly looking to expand the support we offer to mothers & expectant mothers to provide holistic care. If you have an offering which you think would be a good match to the project, please get in touch. We are especially keen to hear from those who have experience supporting women throughout the childbirth year.
We ask that you can commit to supporting one client a month and attending holistic therapy team meetings every 6 weeks.