Volunteer with us
We are looking for a Volunteer Administrative Assistant to help us with the day to day running of Project MAMA. This person will ideally be based in our office in Easton (Bristol) volunteering one day a week.
We are anticipating an increased demand for our services in the coming months, so your support with the smooth daily running of the charity will be invaluable. If you are interested in working in the third sector this is a great opportunity to see how a small charity operates and gain experience in a number of areas.
If you are interested in the role, please email Sophia on firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Become a Mother Companion
We are growing rapidly and are recruiting more volunteer Mother Companions to support clients throughout pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting.
To be eligible you have:
- Completed a comprehensive doula training programme, be a midwife or have other comparable birth room experience;
- Have attended a minimum of 3 births;
- Be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check;
- Have a non-judgemental and holistic approach to providing support to women from diverse backgrounds;
- Be committed to supporting a minimum of two births with Project MAMA over a 1 year period;
- You can commit to attending MC team meetings every 6 weeks;
- Have a commitment to social justice and encourage resilience in others.
Join our Holistic Therapy Team
We are constantly looking to expand the support we offer to mothers & expectant mothers to provide holistic care. If you have an offering which you think would be a good match to the project, please get in touch. We are especially keen to hear from those who have experience supporting women throughout the childbirth year.
We ask that you can commit to supporting one client a month and attending holistic therapy team meetings every 6 weeks.
Support at Mamahub
Although we won’t be opening this service back up until Autumn 2021 at the latest, we’re still looking for compassionate individuals who are keen to contribute to the general running of the group and to ensure the comfort of attending mamas and their children. We require individuals who have good organisational skills, experience supporting vulnerable women and working with young children and babies and a knowledge and understanding of birth and early parenting.