We welcome self referrals and those from supporting professionals and friends supporting women who would like Project MAMA alongside them.
Our service is available to any pregnant woman who is a migrant to the UK in the Bristol postcode area. We ask that a mama is one of the following:
- lacking a birth partner
- a survivor of modern slavery / human trafficking
- has a history of mental health concerns
- Is a survivor of trauma or abuse
- Is Destitute
- Is new to the UK and needs additional advocacy support
In this instance, we define ‘migrant’ as:
- Holding refugee status
- is an Asylum seeker
- is a Refused asylum seeker
- Has been awarded discretionary/leave to remain
- Is a Zambrano Carer
- is an Undocumented / Irregular migrant
- has been awarded humanitarian protection status
- is an EEA/EU national
If you are not sure if you or your client is eligible for support, please contact us for further discussion. We look at each referral within the context of need as well as our volunteer availability.
Referrals can be made at any stage during the pregnancy.
Please be aware that referral does not guarantee a volunteer mother companion due to the availability of volunteers and the volume of referrals we may be receiving.
Please complete our online referral form here: Request for Support
Alternatively, download and complete our Request for Support as a Word document and send to email@example.com : .Project MAMA – Referral Form
OR by post to: Project MAMA, Unit 61 Easton Business Park, Felix Road, BS5 0HP.